Saturday 19 December 2020

Oh hey daddio - by Tracey Thorne

 Hello crafty friends, I could not resist having another crack at the December moodboard again after my goodies from Kylies last sale arrived yesterday. I have not been able to sit at the craft desk long and from a few of these pics you can tell Gesso was my friend at around 1am this morning when I painted it all white and went to bed.... This morning I felt a little more refreshed and played with a whole heap of Heidi Swapp embellishments and stickers and layered myself into a frenzy.

So the inspirational moodboard is this 👇


Christmas creating is so good... So this is how I started to make my 12x12 layout. 
2.I popped some Distress oxides in Twisted Citron & Mowed Lawn on the page. 
3. I have used the Vicki Boutin Storyteller stencil pack with some Liquitex light modelling paste over the inks. 
4. After creating the layers for the photo stack I positioned this on the page  and drew a line that was then stitched to in black cotton. 
5.Some stamping using black ink was done using a darkroom door stamp Abstract.
 
6.I then started to DOUBT THE PROCESS - the great undoing... white gesso then came out and was painted under the photo placement area and a Vicki Boutin stencil was applied and rubbed off. Gesso was applied to the whole page and a Dot stencil was then applied and paint was lifted - this was left to dry. 

7.Tomorrow is a new day


 

Fresh starts are always good. I have applied some Faber Castell silver Texture Luxe through a TCW stencil -Leaf Album in two places. I have then added some stamping using the Carabelle stamp - Edges in my Journal. Printed papers used in the  photo stack are from Cocoa Vanilla.  I have used embellishments from Heidi Swapp to embellish this page - Old School ephemera, Old School sticker book, Old School cardstock stickers & Old School Thickers.

 




The finished layout was edged in black using an Stabilo Alls pencil and a little water. I have also used this in the lower texture spaces of the stencil. 


I hope you have enjoyed my process from beginning to - OH MY - to the end. 

Enjoy your creative process and never ever throw a piece of cardstock away - you can always use it with a good nights sleep and a little imagination and fresh eyes.


tracey xx










No comments:

Post a Comment