Saturday, 11 April 2020

Ticky Tacky Houses

Last weekend was the Scrappingclearly Virtual Cyber Crop. We are all so very blessed to have Kylie Tout organise this event for us all. The design team, teachers & members getting on-board and having an amazing creative hub to learn, chat & create. We all came together as one. The amazing artists who came and shared their time, knowledge, love of Art , the journey they have taken and the journey that we are all in now. Thank you - my cup is full & overflowing.  We will get through these hard and sometimes upsetting times with each other and Art. 

This past week we have been having an awesome carry on effect as there were 6 fantastic challenges with prizes up for grabs & lots of amazing art being created from very creative and amazing people in our community. If you haven't checked it out it is a must and you still have time to enter.

Today I wanted to share with you one of my project shares for the weekend - Ticky Tacky houses.  There is a Live feed video over on the site with me creating one and this is a little step by step as I put  the original two together.


Measuring - I worked on a 6.5cm square for the body of the house x 4. A tab added on one end of the side and one tab added to the base. The base was added @  6.5cm and the tab was added also to this piece. I worked out the peak of the roof I wanted by measuring to the middle of the square and putting a point and drawing back to the corners of  the side - which then gave me the pitch. Only two pointed sections needed to be added and then the pitch measurement was taken and 2  rectangle sections were drawn with one having a tab - as this will be what keeps the roof closed. The tabs on the peak pieces were also drawn in. I allowed half an inch for the tab sections. ( sorry if i go from cm's to inches... It's just how I work... half an inch is a little bit bigger than 1cm)

After all was drawn up I cut, folded and scored all lines.

 I ripped up some music paper and adhered with Liquitex Matte Gel. I then added some Dina Wakley & Tim Holtz tissue paper. Part of challenge 2 was also to added pattern paper. I added some Heidi Swapp Emerson Lane paper.

Time to add some more layers. I have used Dina Wakley paints in fuchsia & marine with a Kinder Kreations stencil. I painted the paint on and then placed the stencil on and rubbed off some excess. 


I added Liquitex modelling paste through a TCW stencil - mini sea bubbles each 'wet stage' I used my heat gun to dry the layers ready for the next step.

I painted some Dina Wakley paint in medieval onto some baking paper (tissue paper). After it dried I then pleated the paper and then stitched on the pleated lines. I then cut this into sections and used it on the house in varying spots. I also added some black stitching with my sewing machine after all the paper elements were added. 

 I pre-stamped onto some tissue paper and fussy cut around them ready to adhere them with Liquitex Matte Gel medium. 

 I added some extra cotton thread and some metal embellishments. I tend to glue and hand sew most of my metal embellishments. The black cotton tends to blend well with the overall look of the piece. I had some hinges also that I added with brads. I wanted a little more black also so I added some black muslin to the side of the house with machine stitching. 

Last thing was to add double sided tape and a little glue to join it all together. 

I hope you have enjoyed this little project. I had fun putting it all together and was inspired by the lovely Leanne Jago whom I had the pleasure of spending some time at a retreat with in February.

Chat with you all over on the Facebook group - Scrappingclearly share & inspire group

till next time - be safe, be kind & create ART
 Enjoy each and every moment. 


1 comment:

  1. I wish all houses look like these! Awesome project on my to-do list <3