Saturday 25 April 2020

April Moodboard Brights

This months moodboard is amazing and is open to so much interpretation because of all the textures and the fabulous array of colours. I do hope you get an opportunity to create using the prompt for April.

I added colour by spraying a little Dylusions on my messy mat and then watering that down before picking up the colour onto the white cardstock. After I added a colour i then added a little more undiluted. I worked around in a general circle pattern when adding the colour. I have used Dylusions sprays - Lemon Zest, Cut Grass, Peony Blush, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue, Periwinkle Blue, Squeezed Orange


I have used a Kinder Kreations stencil and a ALLS pencil and a little water to add the next layer to my layout. The black will help the bright colours really pop. Once this was dry I used an UM WOW stencil and a little Liquitex modelling paste over the layout at random places.


As the stencil was only a half design I added some stitching down the centre to 'tie it off' and so that I could add more stitching to the other side. I have opted to sew a black square border to frame my photo on the other side. I have also layered the photo in a little tissue paper and some pink printed paper.  


Some of the final touches were using some clear stickers from the Crate Paper range - Maggie Holmes Sunny Days. I have also added some AC Thickers - puffy colourful. The border was done using the Stabilo ALLS pencil, ruler and a little water, hand journalling added using a Fudeball pen.




I hope you have had an amazing weekend and that you will have an opportunity to have a go at this months moodboard - 5 sleeps to go so don't forget to upload your entry to the Facebook page Share & Inspire group April challenge album.


No comments:

Post a Comment