Thursday 6 December 2018

Summer Fun - Scrapbook page with DT Katie Howard

Wow, December already, can you believe it?! For us that means hot and often sticky summer heat and lots of water play. So I thought it was only fitting to make my first share for December a fun in the summer sun kind of page, and I thought that the Crate Paper Good Vibes collection was perfect to reflect the summer fun.

So let's check out the page first:


The photos that I picked were some action "jumping in the pool" shots of my nieces. Bright, summer and fun photos and perfect with the Good Vibes papers. I started with the paper Passion which is one of my favourites as it has multi-coloured free-hand style stripes, and I am a sucker for a good stripey paper!

I started with two blocks of this paper and created two areas of interest on each side of the page. I used the reverse of the Passion paper to mat the photos so they would stand out. The revers is a gorgeous shade of blue with black dots, also a sucker for a good spotty paper!

I also layered some of the neutral kraft spotty paper All Good on both blocks, and finished each block with a hand made tag using the Hashtag paper, which is a great pink grid with geometric type lines in heavier pink, so there is design but a subtlety as well.


Here you can see the tag a little closer, and also part of the title which was using the co-ordinating puffy sticker words. Can you see the subtle stencilling I added on the background as well? I decided the small shutters stencil from Dylusions would be perfect because it reminded me of the free-hand stripey paper and I used it with some Tattered Rose distress oxide ink because this was a pretty could match to the peachy pinks in the collection and it was also nice and subtle. I also added some splatters using the Picked Raspberry to match the brighter pinks in the papers.


I cut one of the pom-pom frames in half and used it like a photo corner for the top right and bottom left photos, adding some dimension and texture to the photo cluster. I also added a cactus from the ephemera pack, I decided due to the landscaping around the pool this was probably as good a time as any to add in cactus embellishments!


The right hand side focused on a card cut from the So Chill paper, which has lots of great cut-apart cards on one side and a very usable pattern on the other. Add in some chipboard from the Chipboard sticker sheet with foil accents, again more cactus, and a ticket from the ephemera and this side was a wrap. The last thing to do was add a little journaling which I did using a black paint pen, I love how black these pens are for journaling, even if it is only on plain cardstock. And there you have it, page done!

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time,

Katie x


1 comment: