Monday 24 December 2018

Goodbye and Thanks

Happy Christmas Eve! I hope your are all ready for celebrating Christmas and whatever that entails for you and your families. I think I am as ready as I will ever be with some fresh prawns (of course!) on my to do list today as well as a few last minute groceries.

Today is my final share for 2018 as well as my final share with Scrapping Clearly so I thought I would look back and share some of my favourite creations with you. I have to say I had great difficulty in narrowing it down, as I looked through all that I have created over the year I realised how many special projects that I have made while showcasing the awesome products that Kylie keeps in store.

So, here goes:

I started the year with a Christmas page and thought it fitting to remember it now:


I do love to try and use collections and products in ways not expected! And creating a Christmas page with non-Christmas papers and embellishments was great fun!

Next on my list was this page with lots of Maggie Holmes goodness! I loved working with so many of Maggie Holmes collections and this page was a great mix of three different ones.


Seeing how well all these collections came together shows how versatile they are!

This next page is still using these wonderful collections and shows how you can use lots of different patterned papers on one page and also use them for a boy page.


Who would have thought there would be such a rainbow mix of colours in these collections?!

This next one is a favourite because I loved how the background came together. You know sometimes when you just start doing and you are not sure where you are going with something and it just somehow turns out perfectly? Yeah, well that!


And lastly, another page with a background that somehow came together perfectly was this one that I created using a small gelli plate like a stamp, and then the building up of layers before finally turning it into a completed page.


Let me tell you it was hard to narrow down to these five, I could have easily said that everything that I created over the past 12 months was my favourite. One thing I did notice was my love of colourful and fun pages seemed to be there in every creation, and I do have some favourite products and techniques - namely distress oxide inks and creating layers, especially with handmade tags!

I have linked to the original blog post for each layout if you are interested in having a look at how they came together.

But for me, I would like to say thank you so very much to the wonderful Kylie for having me as part of this awesome team and to all the girls I have shared this space with, you all rock!

I hope to still be around, maybe do a challenge when I have the chance, but life is pretty busy now with a new job and the commitment that comes with that. I am sure one day I will have the balance right! 

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Safe and Joyous New Year.

Katie xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment