Friday 16 November 2018

Hairy Coos!

Hi All,

Just popping in with a simple but fun 12 x 12 project here.

As you can see, I have used green - as I loved last month's moodboard and so was inspired to use these colours.

The gorgeous cow pictured here is a Galloway Cow. They are known for their placid nature. The photos were captured by a friend of mine whose parents own a cattle farm in the western district of Victoria.


Initially, using an old gift card and ColourBlast Black Gesso I smeared four large strips horizontally across the page. I repeated the process using Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paints in both Lime and Evergreen

Once dried, I splattered some Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Black Soot over some of the strips. Using a modelling paste from a stash and Crafters Workshop 6x6 stencil - Mini Cubist.


Finally, with the background, I splattered Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley - Shimmer Spray - in Fresh Lime.

 
Then it was time to adhere the photos and to embellish this simple page. For the embellishments I used Polaroid Die Cuts, Wood Veneers (from Teresa Collins Something Wonderful Collection), Kaisercraft wood veneers and finally - American Crafts Thickers.


Thank you for popping in!

Ciao, Amy 


No comments:

Post a Comment