Tuesday 27 November 2018

Page in the Making - Part 2 - with DT Katie Howard

Welcome back! Glad you could make it back to see how my background turned into a page. First, let's have a little reminder of what my background looked like:






And if you wanted to check out how it came together check out the blog post here.

Given how bright and busy the background was I decided I didn't need to do much to create a page, pick out the right photos add a little paper and few embellishments and call it done! I decided to run with some patterned papers in black and white so they would stand out from the background and a splash of pink because it matched! I selected some papers from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection and the Crate Paper Good Vibes collection (some great black and white prints in these collections, not to mention pretty pinks!)

So without further ado, the finished page:


I backed the photos on some patterned papers, layering with black and white prints and some pink in between, just enough to help them stand out on the background. I added some foam mounting tape behind one of the photos, this helped with layering some of the chipboard under the photo too.

The chipboard came from Good Vibes chipboard sticker sheet and Maggie Holmes Gather Thicker accent. I just chose pieces that worked from a colour point of view and vaguely fit in with the theme, using one of the tags "#weekend vibes" as my title.


The last thing I did was add a little journaling using a white posca paint pen and there you have it a finished page!

Thanks for stopping by to see the completed page.

Until next time,

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment