Tuesday 13 November 2018

Page in the making - with DT Katie Howard

Good Morning! How are we all today? I have to admit that I am crazy busy now with a daughter finishing up year 12, new job commitments and the rest of the usual crazy for this time of year. So I thought I would do something a little different and bring you a page in two parts. Today I will show you the background that I created and then next time the page that I created with that background!

So, this page started with inspiration of colours from this months Mood Board:

No automatic alt text available.

Full of luscious reds, pinks, peaches and corals. So what is a girl to do but pull out her paints in these sorts of colours! I selected some Dylusions and Dina Wakely paints in these colours: Peony Blush, Rose Quartz, Tangerine Dream, Ruby and Penny. Next I pulled out some stencils, the ones that I used were Dina Wakely in Wallpaper and Jungle, but there are so many to choose from! Last of all I pulled out my small gel press plate, the one I have is a 3x5 size, but you can get a set of different sizes from Ranger which would be perfect also. Don't forget your brayer for the gel plate! Then I got started!

I basically used my gel plate on a stamp block like a stamp, I didn't do anything but layer some paint  on with my brayer and stamp onto my background cardstock, just creating random blocks of colour and changing the orientation from press to press, overlapping along the way and this is what I finished with:


At this stage I let it dry a bit and pulled out a script stamp and some black ink (archival ink is perfect for this job) and stamped randomly on the page. After the stamping I grabbed the jungle stencil, loaded my gel plate with the penny (a bronze colour) paint and stamped it through onto my page.


To finish off I grabbed the wallpaper stencil, some black paint and then used a foam brush to add some detail through the stencil. Once dry I grabbed my white dylusions paint pen and made some outlines around the black for some more detail. This is the final result:


Now my background is ready to go, just to find photos and figure out a design! So tune in next time to see what I create with this background!
 
 Thanks for stopping by, until next time.

Katie x


1 comment:

  1. Love this Katie!! Iam hearing you - such a busy year !

    ReplyDelete