Wednesday 7 November 2018

From the Heart - Scrapbook page with DT Katie Howard



Hello, hello, can you believe that it is November already?! This year is going way way to quickly, not to mention I am not ready for the summer heat that comes along with the end of the year. We have been sweltering through some very humid and hot days recently and let's just say I don't cope very well when I am hot and uncomfortable 😂.

Enough chit chat, today I am sharing a page that I created inspired by the November Inspiration board.
No automatic alt text available.




Isn't it luscious?! Lots to inspire in this board. I started with the softer peachy reds and pinks for my colour palette and then the shoe inspired my to think of a ballet shoe and this made me think of my little dancer niece and from this a page was born!

Here is my final page:


I pulled out some of the bits and pieces I still have from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection, and let me say this, there are lots of beautiful soft reds, pinks and peaches in this collection, not to mention the dancer bits! It worked perfectly with my page theme.

I decided to do a colour block style background, a great way to get more patterned paper on your page without it becoming too busy overall, especially if you choose the smaller patterned papers.

I created some matting behind my photos including lifting some up on foam tape to allowing the tucking in of chipboard embellishments later on. The papers that I have used are: Details, Jane, You+Me, Kate, Magical and My Story.


I pulled out some of the ephemera that matches and decided to utilise one of the cards as a title, thought it fit well as I am sure all dancers are performing "from the heart"! There was some great acetate pieces in the ephemera as well that worked in nicely along with some chipboard from the chipboard sticker sheet and the thicker set. Remember too, if you are tucking pieces in behind a photo, cut it in half or there abouts so you can two for the price of one! I did this with the chipboard rose peeking out from the photo mat above.


I just loved the dancer silhouette acetate piece from the ephemera set, it was the perfect match for this page! I also added some splatters creating the perfect colour from mixing some of my distress oxide inks to match. I used Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick, and I think it created the perfect match!


I created another little cluster of embellishments at the bottom, again cutting a piece in half. This time the acetate wreath which I also tucked into the paper strip, then I layered some other pieces on top including some words/ phrases.

A relatively simple page, but packed full of interest with the embellishment clusters, layering and tucking in of embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment