Thursday 29 November 2018

To chop or not to chop

When my children were little we liked to travel to the snow every September holiday. We don’t get snow up in Queensland – so the kids embraced this holiday. It was a great bonding time for us all too as we travelled by car down to Thredbo with only one stopover. I was very fortunate that the little peeps were great travellers. It’s now time for me to catch up on a lot of those pics that I still haven’t scrapped, like the one on today's layout

Flawsome



The photo had a lot of greenery in the background and I had to make the decision to cut it all out and only end up with the kids sitting on the wombat chair. This is no easy decision let me tell you – what if I messed it up and totally disliked the end result – procrastination set in -- hence I was lucky to have Leonie sitting next to me and I could bounce the idea off her. She reassured me it was a definite chop  situation – especially as I had no intention of using that amount of green in this layout.
Thanks Leonie!

I always have a few backgrounds prepared when I go away to retreat – this one was created using Avery Elle watercolors in Sapphire & Aquamarine with a hit of water. I then used Liquitex modelling paste through a diamond stencil to help tie the colour back into the base cardstock



I then added some giant skeleton leaves and stitched them on with a combination of straight stitch and zig zag stitch.


After choosing some highlight scrap papers to layer under the cut out photo I glued them down. 



I created the flawsome title in the Silhouette and used the amazing Art Alchemy Metalliquepaint  in Sunshine. This paint is amazing – it has the most amazing shimmer and coverage.


After painting and gluing the title in place I decided to dress the layout up with a little bling. I used Glossy Accents to adhere my Finnabair Glass glitter to the page. 



I also found some sequins and bling to add a little more pizazz to the layout. I added some acetate words to add a little more height and interest to the page and tied it all together with a black border drawn with my Artline pen - another great arty investment.



Overall I am happy I gave the photo the chop & I have captured the amazing time we had down at Thredbo when the little peeps were super cute and carefree.



Have fun creating - I hope this has inspired you to start scrapping with your recent winter photos & gets you over the hump of this week.

Until next time.... get messy and have fun
tracey xx



No comments:

Post a Comment