Saturday 11 August 2018

History - Inspiration Board Layout by DT Katie



Good Morning and welcome to Saturday! Are you scrapping this weekend? I wish I was, I am working all day today, but at least I have Sunday off!

Today I am sharing a page that I have created inspired by the August Inspiration Board challenge. Have you given it a go yet? It is an awesome board, let's have a look at it first:

No automatic alt text available.

What inspired me first of all was the colours, aren't they gorgeous? Then I was inspired by the paint strokes of the colours, so I decided to create a background using my distress oxide inks and take it from there. Here is what I finished with:


My background was so easy to create, I simply swiped the ink pad across the page! The colours that I thought matched the colour palette best were: Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon and Tea Dye.
With a background so vibrant I didn't feel that I needed to do too much more, so I created some layers using so Crate Paper scraps (Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams and Gather) that I had laying around:  Delicate, Moments and Kindred. I also used some Heidi Swapp Color Magic banners that I swiped through some distress oxide ink to colour.


I used some of the Maggie Holmes Gather Thicker accents for some of my embellishments to create a small cluster above my journaling. I love using the Posca Paint Pens for writing on mixed media backgrounds too.


My title uses a simple grey thicker, these ones are Maggie Holmes Stylist in Charcoal, they are perfect because they don't compete with any of the other colours but still stand out.


I used some more Gather thicker accents as well as some ephemera from the Gather collection and a cute wood epoxy in just the right shade of blue! And to finish it all off I used some Distress Spray in antiqued bronze to splatter around my page, the perfect touch of metallic!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a go at the inspiration board too!

Katie x



1 comment:

  1. Such a great take on the moodboard Katie. Loving the swipes of Distress Oxide Inks. I have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete