Monday 20 August 2018

Yay - Scrapbook page with DT Katie Howard

So, I am a bit late getting this up, but I have had one of those weeks and I completely forgot what day it was! But better a bit late than never I say!

I am sharing a fun page today that I created using some of the Crate Paper Good Vibes collection, which is also a very fun collection!


I always love how well co-ordinated these collections are, it means you really don't need to add anything else if you don't want to! I used some fun photos that my daughter and I took while waiting for some take away food one day, playing with the funny filters on snapchat of course! Sometimes you need to capture those crazy, random moments!

I used Flourish, Life Goals and Passion from the paper collection. I really love the pop of dark blue in this collection it provides such a wonderful contrast and makes the collection so much more versatile too. I created some texture with my paper layers by tearing one of the strips and I used the other side of the torn strip to create a small cluster detail on the other side of the page to balance out the design.


I had fun embellishing the page, using mostly chipboard from the chipboard accent sheet, don't you love the tassel banner?! I decided on a simple and small title with the word "yay" from the puffy thickers set, I love puffy stickers!


This little cluster is mainly repeating the patterned paper, a simple chipboard embellishment and to continue the tassel banner idea I used some mini tassels from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection, and the colours work perfectly! I added some splatters too, because, well, I think they are great for finishing off a page! I used some distress oxide ink in Faded Jeans as it is a pretty good match to the colours in the collection and to continue the splashes of blue.


My last little cluster used an ampersand from the chipboard sheet, a ticket from the ephemera set and a phrase sticker from one of the Idea-ology sticker sets by Tim Holtz. I love these word/phrase stickers for adding little bits of interest and sometimes they can work like journaling too.

Well that is it for me today, hope you have a creative day and see you next time!

Katie x




No comments:

Post a Comment