Saturday 18 January 2020

Not what I expected...

I cannot tell or show you how much I love these colours -- they are everything summer... I had a few extra pics from when we had Akari stay with us as an  exchange student from Japan - what an amazing experience - our children loved every moment of it and so did we... the language was a hurdle but we all got there in the end. We took her to Byron Bay for a day and she loved it - the wide open spaces (she got travel sickness) and the ocean...although I know our daughter was in heaven at this point too - she has a gypsy soul and to this day would move there in a heartbeat... I love how these colours helped gather the feeling and moment in this pic... joyful and yet still searching... 


Truth be told I struggled with this layout - take a look at my procrastination below -- I LIKE TO KEEP IT REAL - so here goes - this layout turned out so differently than what I expected, but it has turned out to be 'what I wanted' and at the end of the day that is really all that matters and I hope you all enjoy it and get to grab a little inspiration along the way - whether it be colours - photo placement - journalling - titles- paper combinations or layering.  I envisaged using three photos - this kind of changed within the hour of creating. ... 


Then I used white cardstock that I had added spray to from last weeks play.... I added some Dina Wakley tissue and some Dina Wakley stamps using Distress Ink in tattered rose -- this is such a pretty colour ... I shall be using this a lot more I do think 😉



At the end of this play I was not in love -- so I coated the whole page in white gesso & then added this awesome stencil and some Dina Wakley paint in turquoise - very much in love now -- then the blue ink started to bleed through on that silly drip section - that was the end of it for me -- REMEMBER I LIKE TO KEEP THINGS REAL - THAT IS WHY YOU ARE HEARING ABOUT THIS MONUMENTAL YUCK MOMENT - the stuff under this lookes amazing ... but in time it dried out & the ink stain at the bottom just intensified so it was time for a start fresh....



Fresh meant -- Cocoa Vanilla cardstock as my base, and a whole lot of love from the Teresa Collins range to layer with including Something wonderful ephemera and file folders



I added some awesome titles using the Pink Fresh alpha - Escape the Ordinary & Heidi Swapp chipboard stickers - word love.


I threw in a healthy dose of our very own Aussie creator Kinder Kreations chipboard (camera & arrows) and used some Dina Wakley paint to make them all pretty.  I have also used some Cocoa Vanilla acetate embellies, buttons & a super cute tassel. 


I hope you have enjoyed my journey as much as I have this weekend... totally epic! 

till next week - have a great weekend xx







No comments:

Post a Comment