Saturday 4 January 2020

HAPPY MAIL



Woohooo a new moodboard - and aren't these colours devine - the perfect way to start off 2020. The prompts are amazing with so much inspiration -- and the colours work so well together.


So I received an amazing gift this week of a new planner from Kylie. I have decided I would break it in with this months moodboard. It is a fantastic planner from Arts Inc and is made of leather with a suede inner. It holds four inner books - kraft, quad, dot and plain. It has a plastic zip pocket to hold little stickers for you to create with if you are on the go and a card wallet in the back to store business cards etc.( this is the perfect size for storage of my photos). I am loving the size of this - not too small and definitely not too large - it fits perfectly in my hand and in my handbag. I decided to create in the plain one and will dedicate this 'booklet' to a photo a week that I take with my phone. 


  I used gesso to prep the pages - they are a cream colour and I wanted a white background to start with as it would show through in places where I did not add colour. 


I have then chosen a few colours that work with the moodboard - Dina Wakley blushing, Dina Wakley Turquoise & Blue paint. I used two stencils to add pattern to the gessoed pages and then when it was dry I painted more gesso over the top and used the larger stencil to rub away the paint. I then added a Viva Las Vegas stamp to the top right of the page. 




 I have then added some Dina Wakley washi tapes and added more blue paint to where the photo will go. I added a little muslin under the photo and drew with the Fudeball pen a border around the outer edge of the pic making a border. I have also added a Lavinia stamp to both pages and randomly stamped a Kinder Kreations stamp on the pages. 



I stamped the title using Tim Holtz alpha stamps and then used some Pink Fresh escape the ordinary alpha stickers. 


Things got a bit messy by the end of my creating - it was a late night -- and i got a little paint on my photo - I used a baby wipe to clean it off and it took a little of the colour off - but it was in a good way as it helped the photo blend in with the turquoise paint of the moodboard - sometimes a mistake can be a hidden blessing. 


 Until next week - have a fantastic weekend wherever you are 

Tracey



2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Tracey - these Arts Inc Planners are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they truly are amazing - they suprised me when i started workign in them

      Delete