Saturday 11 January 2020

All about the MOODBOARD

Honestly how can you not love creating with the current moodboard... so fresh and full of summer - in its own way -- I am loving it and it is inspiring my mojo ten fold. 


I decided to have a play with some gelatos with this layout - the colours just worked perfectly. I started with some Adirondack spray ink  in denim on my board and then laid white cardstock on it to pick up the blue in a line - this was the base for the layout -  while that was drying I stamped out some flowers from the Tim Holtz range -  truth be told I wanted to use my Jane Davenport stamps but could not find them in the mayhem and mess that is my creative haven. .... so I stamped with black Ranger ink and then scribbled colour using the gelatos onto the cardstock. Then I used water -- glorious water -  to help disperse the colours. Once they were dry I sprayed some Dylusions Peony blush onto my board and dropped them into that to pick up a little of that colour. Once dry silver was added to the centers using an Artline  silver pen.



How good is that photo -- try using the same pic in your layouts but only one is in colour and the rest in black and white - it pops and looks awesome


 I added some Dina Wakley washi and Heidi Swapp washi copious amounts of cotton to help lift the layout and give it a little depth. A black line was also sewn through the middle of the layout and a black border was also added at this stage.


OOOOH metals - gosh I love metal embellishments -- here I have added some metal flowers, metal number and a buckle -- cute story is that I added the enamel number 15 and asked Emily how old she was here in the pic- we worked it out -- she was 15 - lucky guess on my behalf 😉


 Some added touches were the dots in three colours from the Art Alchemy range - Metallique mermaid teal, light patina & royal blue. Finally I added some Tim Holtz idealogy clippings stickers  - they are freaking amazing -- I love the different colours/tones in them - they can be added to so many projects - a definite must have in your stash


Thanks for popping in and checking out my layout. I hope you all have a creative weekend. 

tracey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment