Tuesday 21 May 2019

Always in my heart

Good morning everyone.   
Hope you're getting plenty of crafty time.   I'm busy working on an album for my youngest nephew who is turning 13 soon.   Hard to believe where that time's gone.

I started with some plain pale blue card stock and added some Colour Blast shimmer dust and a spritz of water.   I did some random arrow stamping using Ranger archival ink.   I wasn't quite sure where this LO was going and how much other mixed media I would be using.   By using archival ink, my stamping would stay put if I did add more wet media offer the top. I added some modelling paste through a stencil and some Colour Blast pastes through a couple more stencils.   That was my background done.


I coloured some Darkroom Door chipboard with a black posca pen (so much easier than getting out my black gesso!) and rubbed in a little Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.   

I used some Simple Stories patterned paper to mat my photo but before I did  I used my craft knife to cut out the heart as I wanted to use this as an embellishment and my title.


I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the words in the heart to give it a bit of shine and thickness as this was my title.


I inked the edges with some Distress Ink, added some Heidi Swapp chipboard stickers, some thread, beads and Michelle Grant Design Pebble Rock and I was done.



Thanks for stopping by. Hope you get some crafty time in the week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment