Monday 19 March 2018

Mixing Collections - a scrapbook page with Katie

Good Morning!
How are we all traveling?
Personally, I am finding myself pretty busy doing all sorts of catch up things around the house, cleaning out, rearranging that kind of thing. We ordered ourselves a new lounge in January and we are looking forward to a fresh new look in our room when it finally gets here, but it also means some other "sprucing" up, new rug, move the furniture that kind of thing. Do you get the "need to change things" bug too? It hits me every now and then and my hubby knows it is best to nod, say yes dear and stand back!

Now to scrapping, today I am sharing a page that I created combining bits and pieces from two different Maggie Holmes collections. The great thing about her collections is that they do have some common threads through them making them very easy to mix and match to create a page or several pages! I was also inspired by the current mood board when creating this page. 

 No automatic alt text available.

It was primarily the colours and the flowers that inspired me, because they match Maggie Holmes collections very well, and she loves flowers too, a match made in heaven. This month you can combine the sketch and the mood board into one page, check it out here.


I mostly used the Crate Paper Bloom and Chasing Dreams collections to create this page, but there are many Maggie Holmes collections and you will find that they all work pretty well together!
I used a patterned paper from Chasing Dreams called Moment for my background as it was the perfect colour but also had a distressed look to givesome interest.
Most of my other papers were from the Bloom 6x6 paper pad, yes even the big strips behind the photos! Tucked in behind the photos you would never know they came from a 6x6 paper pad! The glitter piece is from Chasing Dreams and I love how it adds a little bit of gold sparkle without taking away from anything else!


My title word "Love" came from the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic chipboard stickers and it was the perfect pink to match in with the other colours. The title was layered on other chipboard stickers that came from the Bloom collection, while the black phrase sticker is from Tim Holtz's Idea-Ology range of small talk stickers. These are some of my favourite to use, so easy to add in and a great way to add pops of black too. Don't be afraid to layer your chipboard pieces too, it is the perfect way to add that depth without too much bulk.


I am loving these vintage buttons from the Chasing Dreams range, there are four different colour and styles of buttons and they are great to add to tags and include in embellishment clusters. The rubber charms in the Bloom range are also fun to use and are a great way to add some unique texture too.


Thanks for stopping by,
I hope this inspires you to have a go at
mixing your collections.

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment