Wednesday 26 September 2018

Simple Stories Life in Colour Scrapbook page with DT Katie Howard

Good Morning and happy Wednesday! Today I am popping in to share a fun summery page using the Simple Stories Life In Colour collection. My page was inspired by a page that I saw on Pinterest by Australian Scrapbooker Fiona Johnstone.

First let me show you my page and then I will show you some step-by-step photos for putting it together.


For the background I coloured some white acrylic paint with distress oxide ink in Lucky Clover. I don't have any of the re-inkers so I simply swiped the ink on my craft mat and worked the colour into the paint, adding more ink until the right colour intensity was achieved. Then I added this to my background, leaving the area under the photos un-painted so I didn't waste paint!


After this dried I added some texture stamping, some using the Lucky Clover distress oxide ink to give a tone on tone affect and also Hickory Smoke for a soft but contrasting result.



With my background done, the rest was easy and a matter of layering some patterned papers, including using some of the cut apart 4x6 cards as layers. I have used these papers: I Love this Life, So Much Happiness, 4x6 Horizontal Journaling cards and Happy Little Moments. I also love making tags, well tag tops, out of scraps to tuck into my layers as well. This is such an easy way of using up small bits of paper left overs and can make an impact on your page.


The way I make my tags is to start with a 3 inch wide piece of scrap, I mark 1/2 inch in from both sides and 1/2 inch down which I connect to create a triangle on the corner and cut this section off. Then I mark half way across the piece and 1/2 inch down as the spot to make the hole and we are done! Adding a hole reinforcer on the front finishes it all off.


Each of these tags is only about 2 to 3 inches long, long enough to tuck in! Also in this cluster is some chipboard thickers from the Gather collection.


I tucked another tag in the bottom and added my title on the top. The title was cut from one of the 4x3 cards and some letters were lifted with foam tape. The word and phrase stickers come from the Express Cardstock Sticker sheet and give plenty of options for alpha stickers and words/phrases.


I also cut apart some of the labels from one of the journal card sheets and layered these to add my journaling. I used the Tim Holtz tiny attacher to add some detail as well.

So that finishes off my page, I hope this inspires you to try some new techniques or even to use up your scraps with some tag tops!

Until next time, thanks for stopping by.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment