Friday 21 September 2018

‘Shine On’


Happy Friday!

Today I have a layout using an 8 x 12 format – yes, something different today.
The photo here is of my youngest, Samuel, who is an avid swimmer – he used his pocket money and bought himself a pair of Michael Phelps – American Swimming Icon – branded goggles and a special swim cap, to wear for his races.


I wanted to keep this page simple. After I trimmed some white cardstock down, I splattered the page with Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in ‘Night’ and ‘Blushing’ – mixed with water.
Once dried, I set to work on layering my patterned papers on the page from the gorgeous Pink Fresh Studio, using the ‘Escape the Ordinary’ collection.

These papers are perfect for both this photo and my other masculine pages.


Behind the layered patterned papers, I inked a D-Lish Scraps Paper Doily with Dina Wakley – Cheddar paint and sprinkled it with ColourBlast Shimmer Spray in ‘Bling’.


Once the photo was mounted, I put my title together. For the layers here, I have used Cocoa Vanilla Enamel dots and Studio Calico Essentials - stars and wood veneer printed corners. 

 

I have also used a strip of hessian and black thread from my stash and trimmed strips of Pink Fresh Studio papers, again, from the ‘Escape the Ordinary’ collection.


 

 These colours were perfect to match the photo of Samuel with his shiny new goggles.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Amy 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment