Wednesday 5 September 2018

Scrapping a Sunset Photograph


Hello Leonie back with you today.  I have a page to share with you today featuring a Sunset.
I tend to take quite a few photo's of Sunrises and Sunsets especially when we're on holidays.
However I often find the intense colours in sunsets and sunrises are hard to
transfer onto a scrapbook page.
I know orange isn't everyone's favourite colour so this can also add to the dilemma of scrapping a sunset photograph.
I think I managed to find a harmonious compromise here by adding some
neutral tones and just a few pops of orange by using the
Heidi Swapp No Limits papers.




I received the Heidi Swapp No Limits 6x6" patterned papers in my latest Scrapping Clearly DT package and most of the papers are neutral colours like navy blue, kraft, white and just a few contained pops of orange.
I thought these would make a good match for this photo of my daughter and her cousin I captured while we were holidaying together last December. I found the papers were a great match for the strong silhouetted image in the photo neither detracting nor competing with the photo.




Typically on a scrapbook page about a sunset or sunrise I would add orange and yellows to my base page but for this page I added some stencilling with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide and an older Prima Stencil in my stash.
I love how the colours all came together on this page.

I added a flower cluster of the fun to play with Heidi Swapp September Skies Color Magic Die cuts.
I used Distress inks and Distress Oxides to colour these and reveal the resist images.



Lastly I added some wood veneer from my stash and my title also from alpha stickers in my stash. 







Thanks for stopping by today, happy crafting.
Why not stop by our Facebook Group and check out our September Challenge.
It's a beauty!
Cheers, Leonie Neal-Dawson.


3 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous layout Leonie- love the effects of oxide inks on Heidi’s resits I do love the No Limit range xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love this - oxides are the best - love that photo - the whole layout rocks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love this - oxides are the best - love that photo - the whole layout rocks x

    ReplyDelete