Wednesday 19 September 2018

Multi media Journal

Hi Peeps

I have read a few posts where artists are having trouble working on the hessian pages in the Dina Wakely Media Journal, what I do is a basic background and collage on them.

Page 1


First fussy cut out an image from a magazine that you love.
Don't forget to put a scrap piece of paper under your hessian as the paint and ink do go through to the next page.
I then just dry brushed some gesso over the centre section of the hessian. I took a stencil  and using a make up sponge pushed some teal acrylic paint through the pattern.
I then glued the image on with matt gel medium and let dry.
I took a Stabilo Aquarellable black pencil and did a shadow line to the right side of image, to activate just add a little water.
I used black acrylic paint for the title and to grunge up the edges.

Page 2 


Start again by dry brushing on your chosen colour in this case yellow. Then stencil over the top.
I have used some left over cocoa vanilla pieces and frame and some stamped butterflies onto gel prints then cut out. If I don't use gel medium to glue images down I use Helma 450. Stamp with a script and black ink onto the background. A little bit of cotton and your page is done.

Page 3


I hope I have prompted you to revisit your hessian pages and do some collaging.

Bye for now
Tracey

1 comment: