Friday 17 September 2021

Current Mood with Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!


It's Belinda here with you today to share my latest art journal spread inspired by the September Mood Board. I love working in black and white so I couldn't resist making a second project!


'Current Mood' Art Journal Pages


I started by adding this fabulous Scrap FX Rice Paper using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I scraped a little heavy white gesso over parts of it using a palette knife once it was dry.


I swiped some black and white gesso over the surface again using the palette knife. Once that was dry I added another layer of collage. I was lucky enough to grab myself the stunning Botanical Collage Paper by Tim Holtz when it was in stock and I am using it very sparingly because I love it so much. These pages just needed some of it though. I tore some pieces of it and added with the same Multi Medium Matte. 


Next I went crazy with stencilling, stamping and a bit of doodling with a white Posca Pen.


I stamped my fairy using the Aall & Create Take Flight Clear Stamp Set. I stamped the girl on smooth white cardstock and the wings on tracing paper/vellum. I used the Vicki Boutin Colour Study Stamp Set to add 'tattoos' to my girl and doodled around them with a black journalling pen. I drew some antennae, fussy cut everything and stuck all the pieces together.


I cut some of the quotes from a sheet of patterned paper from the Heidi Swapp Art Walk 12 x 12 Paper Pad and also used a sticker from the Jenine's Mindful Art Collection Sticker Book.


ART BY MARLENE Stencils
RANGER Multi Medium Matte
COLOUR BLAST Black Heavy Gesso
COLOUR BLAST White Heavy Gesso
UNI Posca Pen White

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I hope you will play along with the mood board this month too.

Cheers
Belinda




No comments:

Post a Comment