Saturday 11 September 2021

Brave by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to Spring my friends. Loving the monochromatic of this months moodboard... so time to get straight to it. I hope you have filling your heart full of art using this prompt for the month.


My layout started off with a lot of sprays, modelling paste, stamping and stencils but the finished product is quite the opposite as I did not like the direction it was heading. I've opted for a clean layout this week - no sprays, inks, stamps or stencils... it was quite liberating getting back to life before all of the messy stuff.  So this pic below is what I didn't end up using... a nice mess for another day. 



As you can appreciate there are not many photos with this one but I assure you there was a lot of paper shuffling going on. I have used Heidi Swapp papers - Winter Wonderland Tis the Season, Magnolia Jane range and ephemera and stickers. The cut file was one I designed and the stripey chipboard is a Teresa Collins embellishment. Washi tape was in my stash from a few years ago and just added that little bit of white to help break up all the black stripes.

Sometimes it is good to get back to basics - it was a bit odd not getting inks over my fingers though. It was good for my soul getting these thoughts out and journalling about this time away - I tend not to journal on many of my layouts now but the stories need to be told, they are good and bad memories to show how we've grown.




till next time - enjoy your weekend & enjoy your crafting


tracey





No comments:

Post a Comment