Saturday 25 September 2021

The fun one by Tracey Thorne

Welcome to another weekend of creating... I really can't wait for the weekend to come around now just so I can get my creative buzz on. This months moodboard is a great monochramtic classic -  black and white. I have a few different designer papers that focus on this and decided to grab one of those and create on that this week using a fun photo of my son. 

The base for the layout was a sheet of Heidi Swapp paper from the Storyline Chapers collection.
To this I have used Liquitex Gesso and given it a skim coat where I will be placing the photo. I have used this to 'dumb down' the pattern so that other elements can be seen.


I have stamped out some AALL & Create stamps from the #387 Alchemist set on tissue using Ranger Archival black ink. I have then torn them out and added them to the page using Liquitex Matte Gel medium. I had some tape from many moons ago that I have also used on the page to help build up the layers.


Once the tape was down I decided to add a little stitching and pre-pricked the holes before using DMC embroidery floss to stitch on the page. I left the thread at 6 strands.

 

Once all the stitching was done I layered the photo with some tissue paper, old piano paper and some negatives before adhering it to the page with some foam tape to give it a little lift. I have then added some cotton under the photo to tie in with the sewing on the outer edges of the page. I had a few silver metal cogs that I have placed on the page to help add a little more interest.

 

I have used American Crafts foam font Journal to create the title. Tim Holtz idea-ology Big Talk snarky stickers are a fun way to add that little bit extra and help out with the journalling aspect of creating the page. I find I am using them more and more - they are especially good for travelling as you don't always have your printer nor typewriter with you on your adventures.


I finished the layout off with a chipboard bracket which was layered on the photo


I hope you have a fabulous weekend full of creation and are making the most of this months moodboard.  Until next week - have a good one .

tracey








No comments:

Post a Comment