Saturday 20 July 2019

What SPARKs your interest with the moodboard?

I had a lot of fun with this crazy picture of my daughter and I and the moodboard colours were just perfect. 

When you use a moodboard what sparks your interest to use it -  Is it the colours ,the patterns, the picture prompts or maybe a word? I like to try and tie it all together in my layouts. I love the colours firstly and then I try to tie in a visual as well when creating my Scrapbook layout. This week I have used the colours and the visual of the girl helped me lend this layout to one of my daughter and I. 

For this layout the base is white cardstock with a few dots of Dylusions Slate Grey paint that have been brayered around on the page.


Next I used up a few of the offcuts from last weekends layout to layer behind my photo - Cocoa Vanilla, Heidi Swapp, Pink Paislee. I have used a Pinkfresh tag - don't be scared to cut these up if you are only wanting part of it - I find I use the other parts layered on the layout or they come in handy for the next project. 


 Time to test it out for placement. Once I found where the photo composition was going I then used Dylusions background stamps to add a little more interest to the page. 


After marking out a border around the photo with an ALLS pencil it was time to hit the sewing machine and stitch around this to help add more depth. After completing that I used a wet paintbrush to smudge up the pencil. I added the title using Heidi Swapp ghost alpha. These were adhered using stitching.


 Before sticking down the photo I added a few more layers from Teresa Collins chipboard elements, Heidi Swapp washi tape, Heidi Swapp acetate label, Pinkfresh sticker words, Kaisercraft butterflies & a flair.


To finish off the layout a border was sewn with a dark grey cottom.


Thanks for popping in and having a look at my crazy life with my daughter who really is a fun little spark of energy with all her craziness... have an amazingly creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment