Saturday 27 July 2019

Playing catch up

I am guilty of scrapping too many pics of one child than the other but I honestly try to find a balance.  I must admit she is a little easier to scrap for than he is but I love them both equally. So this week I decided I best start playing catch up with the boychild's albums. 

I have had a couple of sheets of PinkFresh cardstock -  Escape the ordinary Search  & Wander in my stash for a few months and found this cool pic that fit perfect. I wanted to challenge myself to use the two sheets up on this one layout. 

I cut individual pieces out of the Wander sheet and used these as ephemera on the layout. The remainder of the paper was used as solid layers on the layout, using some of the printed word side and then using the reverse side to layer under the words. On these larger pieces I sewed an edge to  help define the layers as the papers were quite busy.


Sewing a border around the photo helped tie this element in with the sewn borders on the other cardstock. I then adhered it to black cardstock before adding it to the layout. In this picture I was doing a lot of paper shuffling to make sure I was happy with placement of all the different cardstock items I was layering on the layout.


I added a few timber elements to the page including Cocoa Vanilla woodies , Studio Calico wood corners  & Flutterby's star tab.


 Lastly I used two fonts to create the title. I end up with so many leftover letters that won't make a full title and I think there must be a special art to finding ones that meld together and work just so we can use up all those leftovers. I have used American Crafts Thickers  - Amy Tangerine Plus One and Wonder black. I also used a few of the foam stars scattered around the page.


The boy child is looking not so overjoyed in this pic but super cute in that jacket we bought for school camp.  He assured me it kept him warm too whilst camping. 


Have a great creative weekend.

tracey 

No comments:

Post a Comment