Saturday 7 August 2021

The reason why by Tracey Thorne

 Good morning to all our crafty peeps and thank you for dropping by to take a look at my share for this months moodboard. I am not a lover of purple and found it extremely hard to create with no real purple acrylics or inks in the house. Luckily there were some small amounts left over from my daughters paints that I could use to get this over the line.

This is the vibrant and rich colours of this months moodboard below. 


I was having a clean up and I have a lot of unused fonts that have become shabby. I am not a person to throw things out so it had come time to use these up to clear the way for some new ones. The pack of Thickers I have used was called Gift Box. I have stuck these down with some glue as they are a little old and not adhering at all. I have slowly created a longish shape down the page and only moving out to the edges enough to border my photo. 

I gave the chipboard a light sand before lightly coating them with Dylusions Slate Grey acrylic paint. I have also added a lighter grey over the top to give a little depth. I have used some plasterers tape to add the hash texture - using a purple from my daughters paints. I have added further texture by using a Kaisercraft stamp and some Archival Ink in black.

  

I have found some older chipboard flowers and added a sealer before adding Dina Wakley Fuschia acrylic paint. I achieved the texture on the board by painting through the mesh and then painted out the middles to add back solid colour. I did this to the four flowers before adding them to the page.


The photo has been backed using Prima Mulberry paper. If you haven't used this it is fabulous and has a lovely thick texture - it is a little easier to work with because of its strength.

 The title was created using a sticker and then I've added the journalling from a Tim Holtz snarky  statement sticker.

 

I finished the page off with a black border using my Fudeball pen.


Thanks for popping by to have a look at the process and have fun with this months moodboard.

tracey








No comments:

Post a Comment