Sunday 8 August 2021

My Darling with Emma Zappone

Happy Sunday all! Emma here with you today sharing a page inspired by this months glorious moodboard. It has the warmest shades of mauve, purple and grape. Colours that usually would have me running, but this time I decided to really embrace them and make them my own.

Here is the moodboard.....



To achieve the different shades of purple, I used a variety of different products. But lets start from the base sheet up. I primed by paper with a clear gesso and allowed to dry. Then with a couple of different stencils added a white crackle paste and again allowed to dry. Once dry I then used a Distress Crayon - seedless preserves and a touch of Dylusions crushed grape ink to create a dramatic effect on the crackle paste.


To add a little warmth I watered down a small amount of Art Alchemy Metallique romance pink acrylic  with a fine brush, dotted in amongst the other shades of purple.


I used a number of scrap pieces of paper from all sorts of brands to achieve my layers behind my image. The chipboard is painted with the Romance pink acrylic, I primed all my resin pieces with black gesso and then brushed Prima waxes once dry. these were a combination of Heather Hills and Amethyst magic. It created such an awesome finish. 


Once all my embellishments and flowers were in place I dry brushed a little white gesso over a lot of the elements, this allowed me to then add a touch of wax over the art pebbles and other embellishments.


Lastly a few Finnabair micro beads and Prima pearls to add a soft touch. I watered down a little of the Distress crayon used on the background and flicked this around my layout to tie it all together.


I hope this page inspires you a little to try a colour that may not be your first choice or one that you play with often, but that's what makes a challenge like this so much fun.

Catch you all again soon, Em xx 





1 comment:

  1. Amazing fantastic amazing thank you for linking the product back to the shop for easy shopping

    ReplyDelete