Sunday 27 June 2021

Let Life Surprise You - Art Journal page by Emma Zappone


Hello ScrappingClearly friends!
Em with you today sharing a very easy Art Journal page. 

This page is made up mostly of the awesome Dress my Craft Transfer Me pieces. The Transfers you see on the page are from the Botanical Scripts collection. This was my first attempt at using these transfers as I was a little nervous using them. I thought they may be a little difficult to apply, but boy was I wrong! They work a treat!


I layered them on after I had primed my page with White Gesso. And I overlaid them like I would stamps or any type of collage system. Once I had added all the transfers I wanted, I applied a coat of Clear Gesso, as this 'sets' the transfers ready for the mediums layered on top. With some modelling paste I used a stencil from the Stampers Anonymous Mini set 30 for a soft vintage feel.


I added 2 Distress Oxide sprays to compliment the soft colours in the transfers, and travel through the stencil work. These colours were Speckled Egg and Mustard seed. And these were activated with water and then used like a water colour over the page. Dabbing away any excess or to lighten the shade of colour. Once these were dry I began to layer some stamps. These were from 2 different collections, some from Stampers Anonymous Field Notes set and Art Daily - Carte Postale set.


I finished with a  Butterfly Layer and a couple of Small talk stickers, and a good flicking of white paint. 

If you have yet to play with these transfers, please do as they are just amazing! Super easy, super effective and super gorgeous.

Happy crafting everyone!
Em xx



No comments:

Post a Comment