Saturday 12 June 2021

mother's day 2021 - tracey thorne

 Hello Hello Hello

I am unsure of how much joy each months moodboard brings me - but it fills that part of my heart that holds dear my need to create & capture my memories. I hope you find that it helps spark your creativity in this way also. With this 12x12 layout I wanted to capture Mother's day 2021 - and the simplicity of the beautiful tulips my husband gave me. I am very blessed.

I started the page with a 12x12 piece of white cardstock and to that I added just two shades of green. Prima Watercolours #18 from the Tropicals set & Colourburst Turquoise.

  

I have then prepped some Heidi Swapp frames by sanding them and then adding some 13@arts rusty bronze powder. I have used Matte Gel to blend this and add it to the frames before adding the reactive agent. 

  


I have then glued these to the layout. I have used a variety of older stamps to create the stamped out background including - Fancy pants, prima & tim holtz. I was a big collector of all the small clear acrylic stamps quite a few years back so my collection is quite substantial and they are great for building up layers and bordering your photos on your layouts and in journal pages. I have also added some pre-made buttons using a silicone mould. The butterfly was from Vicki Boutin packaging.


I have loved incorporating Tim Holtz rub ons on the page and amber coloured diamontes to help tie in the brown from the moodboard. The Tim Holtz tiny words were a lovely add also and helped tie the photo into the layout as I have opted not create a photo stack for it and instead glue it to a plain piece of thick card to give dimension as it stands alone over the frames.


The layout was finished off using a few black splatters using Dylusions black ink. 


Thanks for popping in to have a read of the process. I hope you get to create your own magic with this months moodboard & don't forget to share your magic with us over in the Facebook page - ScrappingClearly Share & Inspire group.


tracey 
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment