Sunday 13 June 2021

Hope Is Never Lost by Emma Zappone

Hello all!
Em with you all today with an easy and quick Art Journal page based on this months Moodboard.
How this moodboard speaks to me! The colours the images are just so warm and wintery and typically me, as I live in the country this board reminded me of all the quaint homesteads and warm winter fires and the barn owls that Hoot through out the night. Something rather romantic about it all. Anyway enough of that! Here is what I created in my Art Journal.


I went back to some of my old trusty techniques that made for a quick page. First I added White Gesso onto my page, Then stripping pieces of the Ideaology Typography Collage paper adhered that with Gel medium, along with torn washi from the Ideology Butterfly collection. This was now my focused area on the page.


Then came the colour. Using 3 Distress Oxides - Vintage photo, Peacock feathers & Rustic Wilderness, I smooshed the colour with a little plastic and water. I forget how awesome this technique is and love the watercolour effect it gives. Once dry I then chose a few pieces from the Ideaology field notes ephemera pack and created a collage behind my image. This image I have used a couple of times but when I saw this moodboard I just had to use it again as it matched it beautifully.


Finally instead of stamping I chose to use the specimen remnant rubs to tie the background and image together. I added my title and a few flicks of Vintage photo over the completed page and this page was done! Quick, simple, and effective. What a great way to play with this moodboard.


Come join in the fun with this delicious colour board, we love seeing what you create with it. 

Till next time, stay crafty! 
Em xx






No comments:

Post a Comment