Friday 17 July 2020

Friday Fun Day!

Hi All!! 
In these crazy times we are living in at the moment I hope this post finds you all safe and well!
Living in Melbourne has been a challenge lately as we are back in lock down once again. 

 Last time we were in this situation I created up a storm, then flatlined with my motivation and avoided my room like the plague! Well this time around I have started with the flatline.....arghhh!!!!
 I am totally unmotivated, and struggle every time I enter the black hole that is my "room"!
What to do? What to do?
I would love to hear how you break that cycle of apathy toward creativity.....I really need it right now!
So what do I have for you today? 
Well, as I hate to let people down, all I have been attempting, is my DT commitments, so I do have something for you today...a very simple Art Journal page created in my Dina Wakley Mixed Media Journal out of scrap paint and after cleaning off a stencil.
So here is the page called 
"Wild & Free"

Such an appropriate title really as I totally dream of being so!
I knocked back the busy background with white paint and a palette knife so that it did not hurt your eyes LOL! This made it a lot more appealing and manageable.

Now the colours I found in the background were Dina Wakley acrylic in Turquoise, Cheddar, Fuchsia and Eggplant. Also I added some Liquitex Acrylic Guache in Fluro Opera Pink, this colour is freaking awesome and a little goes a long way so don't be tempted to add too much to a page!



I then dragged out a stamp I have not used in a while from Dina Wakley "Scribbly Birds in Flight" and stamped them on to old book paper with Archival Black Ink. Now I do know that Kylie has not got this stamp ATM but I am sure if you ask she will be able to get it in for you, and if you do have this one in your stash rip it out and have a play!


After cutting them out I then grabbed the coordinating Dina Wakley Chipboard Shapes- Flying and sprayed the shape with Gloss sprays in Eggplant, Cheddar and splashed a bit of Turquoise.
If you do this in stages it works fab!
I attached it all on my page chose a title and the page was done!

Products Used:
Dina Wakley "Scribbly Birds in Flight"  

I hope you are all creating up a storm and staying safe....Hopefully I shall kick myself out of this funk in time for next week.....in the meantime stay Happy folks,
Cheers,


1 comment: