Saturday 11 July 2020

Adventure

I thought I would show you my process for last weekends Cyber Crop Challenge 2.  I created Sketch 2 with the photo in mind and love the softness of all the Heidi Swapp papers melded together.


I chose the Heidi Swapp Emerson LanePineapple Crush & Artwalk papers as well as the Heidi Swapp Oh What Fun Vellum sheets. I have layered my photo on a sheet of the vellum paper and then backed that with a piece of the Pineapple Crush paper. I cut the Emerson Lane paper to 9.5"x9" and used my Heidi Swapp edge distresser to distress the edges.


Once the main paper was adhered to the page I sewed a double border around the outside of that paper and a double stitched line on the inside. I have then placed HS 'fresh start' washi tape  where the banners were going to go to help them pop as I would be using the same paper as the background. I did use a little Art Walk and Pineapple crush too to make some of the rectangles for the banner. I have used three lots of bakers twine to run across the page and also added some Heidi Swapp acetate tags. 



I cut some leaves from my Silhouette and sprayed them with the Minc Reactive mist. Once dry I ran them through the Minc using Iridescent Lime foil. I also cut out some flowers in vellum and coated them in the mist. Vellum curls so after it was dry I had to flatten them out and I also put them between two sheets of baking paper before putting them in the Minc lamination folder as there was mist on the back - I coloured these with the Gold foil.
  
 


 After all embellishments were layered on the page I chose a Heidi Swapp wooden word 'Adventure' and typed my journalling on card before adhering it with glue


I hope this weekend you have a lot more creating planned to fill your albums full of memories.

tracey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment