Saturday 25 July 2020

Working from a Sketch

It is true - I struggle using sketches, even the ones I create. I feel boxed in as I believe that you need to follow a sketch to the letter - you can not rotate it, move the position of the photo, change where the title has to go otherwise you are creating a new sketch. With that said we all have our own opinions on this and that is okay. I am going to share with you my process of a sketch I created a couple of weeks back - and I tweaked it a little - so it is technically in my mind a new concept of the below sketch. I created this one to incorporate a lot of photos - it is good to get a lot of memories on the one page. 


 My base for this layout was white cardstock and to that I added a sheet of Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush -Breezy. I cut the page down slightly - about half a centimetre on each edge and used my Ranger black ink to colour the outer edge. I cut down all my photos to roughly 7cm x 7cm and a few were more rectangular so they were cut at 7.5cm x 6.5cm.


I then used a combination of Heidi Swapp papers to layer my photos on - South Beach, Good Vibes & Palm Beach each of these squares were cut at 9cm x 9cm (3.5"). I edged them in black ink before adhering them to the page - I have left a half centimetre(quarter inch) gap between them all. Next I took to the sewing machine and stitched around the inside edge of all the squares.
 

I chose a mandala stencil and placed it to the right of the layout and used Liquitex modelling paste to add texture to the page.


 I used Heidi Swapp Colour Shine- Teal to colour the mandala and added extra emphasis to the design by using Neo color - Malachite Green. These two colours work beautifully together.


I added quite a few Heidi Swapp embellishments from various ranges. Some of my embellishments were quite old from many years ago. They all worked perfectly with the current ranges. Chipboard brackets and frames, stickers, acetate butterflies, epoxy words & shapes.


I did have a little fun with my silhouette machine when I added my next embellishments and cut out some leaves. I cut out some leaves in vellum and some in white cardstock. I also cut out a rough scallop border. Each of these I ran through the minc utilising the Minc reactive mist and Teal foil & Silver foil


Final product is this masterpiece. I was so happy with my final product, how I captured the memories of this fantastic weekend. 


 I hope you have enjoyed the process and it has inspired you to log more of your photo memories on a page. Have a fantastic weekend full of creativity. 

tracey 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment