Thursday 23 November 2017

Gundagai at Night, and my Sketch Interpretation - FUN

Good Morning Arty Peeps!
Welcome to the Scrapping Clearly blog.

I'm sharing a layout today based on the November Sketch Challenge.


I used patterned paper for my background!
But I added ink because it looked a little boring to me.


I started by using a border punch on this one from the Pink Paislee Fancy Free collection, then cut this one (from the same collection) using a TCW starburst stencil as a guide.
I added extra colour with a splatter brush and Tim's Distress Oxides. A fan brush will also work for this technique.

I applied black Archival ink through a coffee stain stencil with a foam applicator, on the corners like the sketch.


I used an off cut of this paper to mat my pic, sandwiched between bits of black card, then mounted on a Heidi Swapp ghost frame. Some tiny staples add a nice feature to my mat.
That's a Heidi Swapp acetate word too, for my title.
I typed my jornalling on white card and stuck it to a tag coloured with the Distress Oxides.


Another go-to embellishment for me are these cute paper clips, teamed here with a newsprint chippy heart.


Some baker's twine and enamel shapes add some nice detail to my journal tag.

And just to finish off, a couple more photos from our amazing weekend in Gundagai at the beginning of the month.


We took a nighttime jaunt down the deserted main street with my camera on a tripod.


Here with Dad, Dave, Mum, and Mabel, under the full moon.
Jason was such a good sport, Lisa and I laughed so much!

Til next time,
stay arty,

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool Peg!! love all the extra painty colour you have added to the paper!!

    ReplyDelete