Sunday 19 November 2017

Start Somewhere - Scrapbook Layout with Emma

Hi everyone! 
Ok so I’ve been not feeling it when it comes to scrapping this week, my mojo has gone walk about. Finding inspiration can be hard. So I thought I would try and play with one of the challenges ScrappingClearly has going this week in its celebrations. 
I took it from the artwork image board.....



 ......and then I felt inspired by my dear friend, Tammy, who’s Scrapbooking is just phenomenal!! 

With these ideas in mind, my layout slowly came together. 



I used fantastic SC products of course. 
I started my background with gesso and then layered Distress Oxide in Cracked Pistachio to base my colour around. 

Then I used texture paste with a stencil and, once dried, I applied 2 more oxide inks, Iced Spruce and Abandoned Coral.
In the challenge image I loved the mixed media feel. 



I tore strips of paper from the Ontrend2 collection and added them to my background layers. I also used a few of the Washi strips from the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane range. 



Then, stamping my theme (which became feathers, also inspired by the feathers in the image) I finished my background. 



On top of this background I began layering my real and veneer feathers. 
I also used some cool Heidi Swapp gold puffy stickers amongst the feathers. 



A few Studio Calico sequins, a few quotes, and boom! Layout done! 

I hope you will be inspired by some of the challenges that have been shared all week long, or maybe a friend or a layout has helped kick start your creativity flow. 
Whatever your inspiration, Have fun scrapping and I’ll catch you all again real soon. 
Em! Xx

2 comments: