Friday 3 November 2017

My Happy Place - Inside my Art Journal .

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a Friday Mixed Media update.
This weekend, Peg and I have ventured south to the beautiful Riverina area and, more specifically, gorgeous Gundagai for this year's Gundi Scraptacular 2017 retreat
So while we are teaching and sharing the arty love down south, I have left this colourful, fun, easy art journal page to inspire you to get out your plethora of stamps and create something unique to you.
Seriously, how many stamps do YOU have within your stash ?????
Oh stamps and Stazon, such an effective way to add interest and detail to a page instantly.
Time to break those babies out and create something easy.


Starting with a small  Ranger Dylusions journal ,
and a mix of acrylic paints (Dina Wakley MediaDylusions)
 in a selection of rainbow colours. 
I used Hot and cold colours on alternate sides.
Alternatively, one could definitely use watercolours if you wish.


Time to bust out the stamps and create some interest points, using images I identify with.
When we buy stamps, we buy them because -  
1) we identify with the theme,
2) the image has a meaning to us, 
3) we just have to have them............


 I needed a focal point and a title, so I added this Heidi stencil with black acrylic paint and a sponge.


 Posca paint pens and my trusty white sharpie added extra interest, 
and I still felt it was missing something .......


So out comes my Kinder Kreations Art Stash Stencil again and 3 bigger paint brushes were added to the page, which I felt completed the piece perfectly.
What do you think ?


 So, are you thinking about busting out your stamps now?
I do hope I have inspired you to play with your stamps more often. 
Sometimes I get set in my ways and use the same stamp repeatedly - usually because I am lazy.
It was cool to raid my stamps stash and play with different combos.
Thanks for dropping by, I'll be back next week with highlights and 
photos from our weekend away with Kylie and the SC crew.

2 comments: