Wednesday 18 January 2017

'Tis the season'.... catching up on Christmas


Hi Ladies, 

Im popping in for a quick share today, I went back to work this week after a massive weekend (and a massive festive season) and am playing catch up with layouts and arty pieces. 

This layout was a fun one to make, and features a picture of my sister Kaya and myself in 1985. This wasn't the intended photo, but as I sorted and organised my photos over the break I found this one and it I just had to scrap it. I don't tend to scrap photos in any order, just whatever works at the time.





I've used the super delicious  'Tis the season Christmas papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studios. CCV is an Australian owned company and the owner Zoe Pearn pretty much has nailed this Christmas line. One of the main reasons I struggle with festive layouts is that most papers are US ranges, and feature Snowmen and winter.... today was 37 Degrees at 9am, so you can see why they are completely irrelevant to an Aussie Christmas.

I've used Liquitex Gesso to soften the hard background of brown in the timber paper, and I added some Gelato's in Kiwi as well.  

I've inked the edges of the 'Tis the Season Ephemera with Distress Ink in Ground Expresso. Ive layered it all up using Xpress It Double sided foam mounting tape to give depth and Glossy Accents as my glue.

Just a tip: The 'Tis the season' card above the photo is actually the packaging. I use up every bit of my goodies, and packaging sometimes makes for unique embellishments. 


Thank you for stopping by... 

xoxox - Skai













No comments:

Post a Comment