Friday 2 October 2015

PROJECT MY LIFE

Hey hey hey!

Thanks for stopping by! Seems its confession time here... Being a DT member is a blessing and I am so thankful for the opportunity to represent such a fantastic store, and to work with this crazy talented bunch of ladies BUT it is also a challenge! In being a DT member I am provided with store items to share how I use them in my layouts and hopefully inspire some of you lovelies to give these products a go. But this months kit - well its a challenge! Full of lovey dovey cards and journal prompts, when my relationship has ended just a few months ago and I am not feeling particularly lovey dovey lol.
SO I  had to rethink the way I was scrapping to see if I could find a way to showcase these gorgeous products. I think I did okay :)

Thought I would share something a little more relaxed this week, so here is a couple of 6x12 layouts that I have just completed.



I wanted to make sure that I did a layout celebrating how much we LOVE Australia Day - but I didn't want it to be all red and blue (I find that leans toward USA Independence Day). So I thought the love themed cards were perfect for sharing! The cards used are from MAMBI and the gold overlay is from the Heidi Swapp collection http://www.scrappingclearly.com.au/shop/heidi-swapp/project-life-foil-photo-pocket-pages-2/ teamed with gorgeous enamel dots and cheap alpha stickers that I made a little more funky with some black doodling.
 
This next layout is going in an album I am doing just for me... I am pretty sure this album will evolve as time goes on, but I am going to start sharing some more of it. It might not be traditional content, but that's how it works with PROJECT MY LIFE!
 





This layout came together so quickly, and I am really happy with how it turned out! Once again, the MAMBI cards and some gorgeous embellishments and it all just flowed, completed in about 20 minutes. This is probably a little less embellished that I usually create too. I used some Heidi Swapp lace trim http://www.scrappingclearly.com.au/shop/group/heidi-swapp-wanderlust-ribbon-spool-white/ and Heidi's gold foil from the value kit http://www.scrappingclearly.com.au/shop/heidi-swapp/project-life-gold-foil-value-kit-2/ with some Studio Calico Veneer hearts http://www.scrappingclearly.com.au/shop/group/studio-calico-embellishments-wood-veneer-hearts-arrows/ that I just coloured with some gold Color Shine http://www.scrappingclearly.com.au/shop/heidi-swapp/color-shine-gold-lame/. Just a tip, if you are colouring your veneers with the Color Shine, be patient, let the first coat dry and apply a second coat for awesome results!

Cheers,

Ree

1 comment:

  1. Love that you have managed to make these products all not about lovely dovey stuff. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete