Saturday 14 November 2020

Mini Pianola Album - by Tracey Thorne

 The Saturdays are coming around so fast lately - I guess we are getting closer to the end of the year and the Big Guy in red will be sneaking sooner than we realise. I started with a different project last night and ended up creating something totally different - A 12x12 layout is nothing like a mini album but somehow my mind sent me down this path instead. 

I have used a piece of pinaola roll to create the base for this mixed media mini album.  I folded it in half and half again both ways and then cut the lines and folded to create the album. When folded I lightly glued pages together and gave them a quick wipe with gesso. It measures 3.5"x3" and has a total of 12 internal pages. I have also sewn a border around the outer edge of the pages and created a zig zag spine on the album for a little added strength.

 

I added base colours to each page using Dylusions Mushy Peas, Lindys Curiouser Charteuse & Liquitex Vivid Lime Green inks. I have then layered alternate  pages with Liquitex modelling paste & Distress Texture paste using various stencils from TCW, AALL&CREATE, Dina Wakley and Um Wow.

 


More layering was added after this step using colour - I have used a range of Distress Oxides and Liquitex inks on each page - drying after each application. I have adhered some tissue paper to each page using Liquitex matte gel  Images from a range of Stampers Anonymous stamp packs were stamped onto an old dress pattern and added using Liquitex Matte Gel.

  


With all the layering a little of the colour got lost so I added more colour after adding some wood embellishments and shading with an ALLS pencil. I have also used a little Faber Castell silver Texture Luxe to brighten up a few of the pages. Tim Holtz ideaology sticker statements were added to help the album tell a story.






 

Front & Back covers



Thanks for popping in - I think I am going back to the desk to brighten this up a little bit more - the beauty of gesso at an arms length and a little more of the bright inks are what are needed after looking at the photos.  I like the prep pages a little more than the finished. Have a great weekend everyone.

Tracey


















No comments:

Post a Comment