Thursday 3 September 2020

Junk Journal Part 1- With Karyn Schultz!

  Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!

It's Karyn here and today I have part 1 of a junk journal project that I created using lots of fun products available at Scrapping Clearly
 
    
I've started with a Scrap FX junk journal kit LACE . These are the pages in the kit - there are die cut pages, book pages, map pages, acetate etc. 

 
I used my 8"x10" gel press and a variety of DWM acrylic paints and Dylusions paints to create backgrounds on the pages. Using a gel plate is quite messy so I don't have any photos of this process.

  These are all the gel printed pages (2 sides) before I sew them together.


I also printed on some extra white cardstock so I would have plenty to cut apart and use as embellishments on my pages. Look at all these pretty backgrounds!


I cut a number of tags, strips, and other shapes then used my sewing machine to stitch together for added texture and interest.  
 

I also stamped some images on book paper and cut out more shapes to use on my pages.

I followed the instructions in the kit to stitch the pages together. 

Here is the front page of my junk journal. I added some of the cut elements, splatters of gold paint, stamping, and Tim Holtz Idea-ol-ogy Small Talk Word Stickers. I also used some old bottle caps to stamp in gold paint on the page in places.

 Here is the first 2 pages of the journal. More element clusters have been added along with splatters of DWM lime gloss spray, stamping, and word stickers.

Here are some close ups of the pages. I love these gloss sprays for splattering! 


 Here are the next 2 pages in the journal - created using similar elements and techniques to tie the pages of the journal together.


 
Next week I will show more pages in this journal.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Crafty Hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment