Saturday 26 September 2020

Best Day Ever

 Hello to you all and welcome to another Saturday blogpost of goodness. I have used a little Vicki Boutin today to create this awesome layout of my grandmother. I do hope you like it. I tried to keep it quite simple as the photo just spoke to me to keep it simple and make the photo pop. I have used a base of Vicki Boutin Scattered Leaves printed paper. I dug through my stash to find some red Kaisercraft flowers and tore off some muslin to work out placement. 


After sorting placement I had to add a little oomph to the background under the photo. I chose a TCW Ocean Window stencil and a little texture paste to help with this. After it was dry a few drops of Ranger Distress Oxide in Salty Ocean & a spritz of water was used to disperse and make a few runs down the page. *At this point I thought it was dry and decided in my infinite wisdom to run it through the laminator to flatten it out -- I added a sheet of paper over the top because of the oxide -- the paper stuck to my work. HINT - use baking paper instead. I pulled off the paper and redid the above steps again over the mess I created and it worked a treat - better than the first attempt I think...  it added more depth, sometimes mistakes are meant to work for you 😉


Time to add a little stitching. I stitched a black machine border around the outer edge. I have also stitched the frame where the photo will go. I also stitched around a Vicki Boutin heart tag.


I layered a Vicki Boutin tag with muslin and the photo was backed with black cardstock.
Flowers were added by gluing the heads down and leaving the stems long on the page.
I made a resin heart and painted it using Prima metalliques in red wine & a Prima stamp was used to add a little black to either side of the photo.



 

The finsihed layout. Some Tim Holtz little word stickers were added for the journalling component of the page & doubled as the title also. 



Until next week - enjoy your weekend and happy crafting 

Tracey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment