Wednesday 30 September 2020

Document, by Amanda Hartmann

Hi all,

Sharing another page today, where I created my own background starting from a white base. I watched another Vicki Boutin FB live video to be inspired to create this page.


Products I used:
*Distress Oxides: Festive berries, Seeded perserve, Fossilised Amber and Abandoned Coral
*White Gesso



I started by masking the middle square of the page and mixed my 4 Distress Oxide colours with water. I painted a mix of the colours into the square.

Once completely dry, I used a dry brush to brush white gesso paint through the stencil over the water coloured square.

Next, using the same stencil, I used a blending brush to rub the same distress oxide colours through the stencil. This time I rubbed the stencil around the outside edges of the square.

With a wet brush, I then painted and splattered. To soften the edges and add variations to the colour. I also mixed more distress oxide and water for more coloured splatters.

To finish, I added black machine stitching, black stamping with staz on and some black splatters with Dylusions Ink.



For my photo stack - I used tags, ephemera, and stickers, all from the new Vicki Boutin Storyteller range.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda





 

1 comment:

  1. Love this layout Amanda- colours are amazing and love the technique you have created

    ReplyDelete