Saturday 12 September 2020

Touch of Time

 It is my birthday month and today I've created this 12x12 layout of my brother.  I have been looking for the right quote or saying to compliment it and last night I found one and it all just came together. I've tried to take a few of the colours from this months awesome moodboard as well.


I do a lot of base pages that sit in a pile ready to create on - sometimes they are just not what I am looking to use when I create them so they get popped away for another day. I found one from my stash - from memory I have sprayed some ink and used the kiss method to apply the blue colour. I have then used a stencil and some black ink to add the diamonds.


I added the photo for placement and then added some torn book paper and Dina Wakley tissue paper under the photo. I adhered all the layers onto the photo then marked with a pencil where it will go before taking it away and typing up part of the verse I wanted to use.



After typing I worked out placement of the photo again and drew another pencil line around it then sewed a few black lines to create a border. I have a lot of tester cards that I use to colour swatch before using on a layout and I have chosen one to stamp out some hexagons. Once stamped I used them through layers working up and down the page. I used some Heidi Swapp paper to also add another shade of blue to the layers under the photo.


I have used Newsprint Thickers to add to the verse and this has helped the bottom of the verse to become the title for the layout. Other words that were not typed onto the layout I have typed on white paper and added in strips. I have used some wood Kaisercraft embellishments which I have coloured with my Artline marker. I have also used some Simple Stories stickers throughout the page.




I hope you have found a little inspiration on how to use a verse on your page as a versatile journalling tool. Have a fantastic weekend of creattivity 


till next time - happy crafting xx

tracey









No comments:

Post a Comment