Wednesday 16 September 2020

Dream, by Amanda Hartmann

Hi all!

Today I am sharing another painty background, this time using the bubble blowing technique that Vicki Boutin recently demo'd on Facebook. I mean, my daughter was in a bubble bath, so literally I HAD to blow bubbles for it....


Here are the mediums I used:

I started with smooth heavy marshmallow cardstock

To create the bubble effects, I put Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint - Lapis and Dylusions Spray - London Blue in a cup with some water and a drop of dish washing liquid. I blew bubbles in the cup with a straw, and dragged the cardstock over the cup to pick up the bubbles onto the cardstock.

Once the blue had dried, I wanted another layer of colour. I smooshed some Distress Oxide - Cracked Pistachio ink onto some spare plastic packaging, spritzed it with water and added the colour to the page. I dragged and smooshed the plastic on the page to apply it.

I really love the mix of the bubbles and the watercolour effect of the distress oxides.

I finished with some gold - gold splatters and some gold painted edges using Liquitex Ink - Iridescent Bright Gold .

Here is the final page and some close ups.


Under the photo I used Cocoa Vanilla Studios paper from the Daydream Paper stack as well as a doily.

A few finishing touches include: muslin, gold wire, random brads from the stash, some old gold flowers, a Charms Creations heart. I also used some stickers from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios Daydream sticker pack.




I love how this turned out! Thanks for looking.

Amanda


 

1 comment: