Saturday 22 August 2020

Scrap Offcuts

 I have so many piles of offcuts from layouts and projects I have created. Last night I decided it was time to use some of those up & I am pretty chuffed with how well it turned out. 

About a month ago Kylie had the 4th July Heidi Swapp crop - I had so many projects on the go and after that amazing weekend I just piled everything in a pile and left it - I finally tackled a lot of my off-cuts and have used the Pineapple Crush range

I worked with a base of white cardstock and splattered on some watered down Ranger Distress stains in - Peacock Feathers & Evergreen Bough. As there was a bit of water on my page once I dried it with the heat tool it was a bit too buckled to work on so I ran it through my A3 laminator which helped flatten out the page. 

 

I have then added the layers. This pre-cut circle leftover was perfect as the grounding piece for the layout - everything was worked around this piece of cardstock. I have layered other off-cuts of  Pineapple Crush papers under the photo and also under the title. I had some leftover vellum that was the excess of a page insert I created and it was too cute to waste so I dabbed it with the Peacock Feather Distress stain and used it under both places. There was a little Heidi Swapp scallop sparkly gold washi on my desk too so that got divided up and used in the layering process.



I have painted a Kinder Kreations frame{it was a throw away piece - but was too good to throw away} that was on my desk with Distress Tarnished Brass to give it a nice coat of golden goodness. This was layered under the wooden title Be Yourself from Studio Calico. After adding this and then working out the layers and placement of the photo I added some stitching around the outer border to the layout & around the offcut. I have also used my Fudeball pen to add more lines to highlight the circle and other parts of the layout. 


I have used a Viva Las Vegas dot stamp and some Tim Holtz Transparent wings to the layout and a Cocoa Vanilla veneer heart from the endless summer range. To add a little more height I have added some resin flowers to the page plus they are pretty 😀



The last little bit was to add a little journalling around the borders and use a few more Heidi Swapp word stickers. 


I hope this has given you a few ideas on how to use your offcut papers before they are destined for the bin. Have a fabulous weekend.


Tracey 
xx












No comments:

Post a Comment