Saturday 29 August 2020

#blessed

 Today's layout started off with a little ink in a bottle laying on my desk. I had an idea for a different project I was working on and started pushing some Distress stain into a little sprayer bottle - it was taking way too long so I scrapped the idea. Last night while creating I found that little bottle with a few drops laying in it and added a little water then tipped it upside down and started to move the paint around on the page - one background started.... waste not want not.

I decided on placement for my photograph and drew a pencil line around it. I've then sewn 4 times around that line to create a border for my photograph.

The next layer was the cute little 13@rts flower stamp - I have used this with some of the beautiful prima art philosophy watercolor in ginger. I've used a paintbrush to pop a little color onto the flowers and then a spritz of water to disperse the colour. Crazy as it sounds I decided to journal on my layout - not my usual journalling but a large loose script instead. After this I have used some Tim Hotlz Remnant rubs on the page.


I wanted to add a little softness to the page so I have sewn on some fabric - the fabric came from a remnant bag from my Aunts house where the photo was taken - I love nostalgia and tying it all together. After this I chose to use a little more distress stain this time in peacock feathers and stamp out some darker colour vertically using the Tim Holtz stamp - Grunge. My journalling became lost so I went over it again using the Fudeball pen. 

I chose a few metal embellishments to finish off the page as well as Tim Holtz ideaology transparent wings. For the edge of the page a sewn border was added and was accented with some Stampers Anonymous stamps - Fragments. They were placed in opposite corners using Archival black ink and a few extra Tim Holtz Remnant rubs. My title was created using American Crafts Thickers - super cool little font -  a must have in your stash.

    

    

I hope  you find a little something that you can gather from my layout. Don't forget we are almost at the end of the month and you can still get your entries in for the August Moodboard, upload those on the Facebook page.

Thanks for popping in and have a fabulous weekend

Tracey

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment