Monday 5 February 2018

Stash Busting - Washi Tape with Lisa J


Hello scrappy friends and welcome to another week of inspiration on the Scrapping Clearly blog.

Today I am sharing a layout I created to bash some of my ever growing stash of washi tapes. Plus I had an almost complete pack of the Cocoa Vanilla You Rock Washi Stickers left and they were way too cute not to use.



Something I am trying to work on this year is using the pretty stuff while I love it. It is so much better to have these gorgeous products used on a page where we can enjoy them than sitting in our stash gathering dust. Do you agree? Is it time to get busy busting that stash? We all need to make room for all the gorgeous new releases (don't forget you can pre-order here).

So with my plan to use my Washi strips and tapes, I started by printing a large star on white cardstock.




I laid out my strips (adding some Black and white striped washi from my stash) filling in the star and adding the offcuts to a corner to be punched out later.


Once complete I cut out my star and used a star punch to make some extra embellishments.

Next step, I took some Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock and created a background behind where my star would sit. I used some ink sprays with the packaging technique and smooshed it on to the background. I added some stamping with black archival ink for added interest.


I added some extra strips of washi across the bottom of my page too.


I outlined my star with a black Posca pen and then added my photo and extra embellishments.


The little quotes came from the washi stickers as well.




Thanks for stopping by and have fun using your washi stash.





2 comments: