Monday 26 February 2018

Enjoy The View Cable Beach ~ A Scrapbook Layout with Melinda

Howdy scrappers and happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend. A large chunk of mine was spent chauffeuring one of my boys to various birthday parties. How did my 8 year old get more of a social life than me?!? Haha. Which, funnily enough, brings me around to this photo, pre-children and pre-Mum-ing. My, how times have changed!

Today's share is using the fabulous February mood board for inspiration. I've taken inspo directly from the colours in the bottom image which also happened to remind me of the glorious sunsets we get here in the west. Which took me to a Heidi Swapp Minc paper phrase "Enjoy The View" and the photo I chose!

Here is my page


And here again is the mood board!


I love working with big photos for BIG impact. This photo was printed a smidge smaller than A4 on matte photo paper at home and I surprised myself with having so many bits on top of the photo but I do love
how this looks and the feel it gives the whole page.


My background is white cardstock - no prep done, a Heidi Swapp Sunshine stencil and some Distress Oxide Inks. I have ALWAYS struggled getting Distress Inks to blend but these Oxide Inks are so beautiful to work with on so many different levels and blending with a sponge and ink blending tool is SUPER easy and fun! I have used Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey and Fossilised Amber,
starting with the darkest pink closest to the centre of the sunrays.


For a really cool effect I splattered water all over the sun rays and, after a few seconds, rolled my paper towel over them.  See that awesome oxide effect happening? I LOVE it!

For some extra bling I added some splatters using my Bling Colour Shimmer Pot and a paint brush.

Time to foil.


I started with the pieces I knew I wanted to use - the title - which came from the Paper Phrases pack and also the letters to spell Cable Beach from the Alphabet Stickers Sheet and orange foil. You can get the foils in a HUGE range of colours in 2 sizes - 6" foils and 12" foils. The stickers/ephemera packs tell you which setting
to use your Minc machine on and these were both 3 so off I went.

My title ended up in a different place from where I expected but I really love how it looks,
and love how the die cut words look layered over the alphas!


I decided I wanted to do more foiling - it's true - once you start you CAN'T stop! I grabbed 3 pieces from the Tags Minc set (these are currently on special in the shop by the way) - the heart, the "breathe" label and the "enjoy" triangle. I added orange foil to the "breathe" piece and light pink foil to both the heart and triangle. I love this!

A little journalling with a white paint pen, my date stamped onto the breathe tag and my page is done. I love all the foiled goodness on this page.

There is a process video available on the ScrappingClearly YT channel if you'd like to see this page come together.


Remember, you have a few days left to get your entries in for the February challenges and for your chance at a store voucher. Head over to the FB group here for the challenge albums.

Until next time, happy scrapping,

Melinda


2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS LAYOUT Melinda love it great video process too 💛

    ReplyDelete