Wednesday 21 February 2018

New Background Technique with Emma.

Hi! 
What have you lovely peeps been creating lately?

I’m really excited to share with you this layout I created using a new technique I’ve been playing around with.
I’m in awe of, and a little stalky when it comes to, abstract acrylic painting at the moment
and so I’ve been trying and practicing this out and adapting it to scrapbook layouts.
In my video at the end of this post, you can see it come to life. 


My background consists of mostly acrylic paint, Dylusions to be exact.
I chose the rose quartz and mushy peas, not 2 colors I usually put together but I loved the feel they gave. 
For my black lines, I used Liquitex artist ink in carbon black. 


I used a Colour Blast shimmer pot in envy to add contrast splashes as well. 
Then using a Kaisercraft texture stamplayered this over the now dry paint. 


Yes, I only used one stamp this time, so hard for me cos I love using 4 or 5,
but I really wanted the ‘art’ to shine this time. 
Then, keeping it sweet and simple, only used a strip of paper from a Heidi Swapp paper pad
and 2 tags from Heidi Swapp's Color Magic notes which I painted over
using the same paints (but on a baby wipe) to show the pattern. 




A little bit of twine, some sequins, and some ink splashes, and this little beauty was done.
So quick so simple, and so much fun!

Please check out the vid. I made, you can be sure you will see more of this style of background very soon. 




Catch you all next month
Em xx



No comments:

Post a Comment